It’s just over a week into the new year which I think gives premise to settle in and look forward with a positive outlook for 2023.
Maybe you’ve seen a few posts by other publications and are sick of them by now, but hopefully this provides a realistic view of the year ahead and helps avoid the ‘New Year New Me!’ cliché, as I think people are pretty bored of it by now.
Let’s rewind back to 2020, the start of a New Year, New Decade – and pre-covid.
One of the things I love about this blog is documenting, something I’d encourage everyone to do, even if it’s writing it down. You may find it a few years later, like I did recently (post coming soon), which put a smile on my face to show how far I’d come.
Despite the negative connotations, 2020 was the year I challenged myself to be happier and more confident in myself. And that all started by saying Yes. Mostly, I think it came down to my hatred for my placement, which was also a blessing as it helped identify what I did and didn’t want to do with my life and career (hint: writing).
One colleague responded to my looking forward to ending my placement; ‘you’re wishing your life away’ which continues to stick with me. Not to get too spiritual, but the experience emphasised a need to make use of the short time we have on earth.
Fast forward to now, I’m hoping to recreate that confidence and happiness from 2020. Here are just some of the things I’m looking forward to in 2023:
- Nicer weather and longer days!
- Re-reading Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes (I’ll be doing another post on this too). It had such a positive impact on me, so I look forward to putting actions into practice again
- Continuing to upload on my YouTube – when I have time!
- Trying a side hustle – freelance writing
- Continuing work on my novel
- Launch a SubStack
- Instagram – trying to post a bit more on my blog’s Instagram
What are you looking forward to this year?
Write 5 things and see how you’re doing mid-way through the year!